Friday 10 June 2011

Seriously, don't feed the gulls!

Well, here we are on our last full day in Aldeburgh. That week has flown past, but also, strangely, seems to have lasted for ages. I know that doesn't make sense, but I think you know what I mean.

Yesterday was a dull drizzly day with a bit of hail thrown in for good measure. In the end, we decided to have a lazy day and stayed in. Sally crafting and watching the food channel on TV, me reading and sleeping. (well, with the Olympics only a year away I need to get as much practice in as I can, just in case they do add sleeping to the list of sports)

The lack of activity should also explain the lack of a blog entry yesterday, there really was nothing to report!

Today we have taken advantage of the washing machine here to get a load of washing done, and that is currently in the tumble dryer. We have packed the majority of our clothes already, and in the morning there will be a minimum of things to de before we have to leave by 10am. I really want to make sure there is enough time to do a video and some photos of the cottage before we leave, but don't want to do it with all our clutter still in it!!

We have walked into town and had fish and chips in the sit down part of one of the chip shops. It was very good, but still not stunning. I think we have been spoilt by Bispham to be honest.

On the way back we walked along the front, and I spotted this sign. There were quite a few of them along the front, and I can't believe that i Hadn't noticed them before. The don't want you to take your dog on the beach, but they REALLY don't want you to feed the gulls. They are serious about it. We saw a couple feeding them, and wondered if they knew just how much trouble they were inviting for themselves. They are now on the run from the beach police - expect to see their faces on the news tonight as most wanted criminals!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment