Friday 26 August 2011

Stitching update + A "trip" to South America

Hi, hope that you are all well.

I have been using my few days off productively on the old needlework front, and thought i should show you the fruits of my labour:-


I would love to get the backstitching done to show the detail off better, but feel that it would make more sense to leave it until the whole thing is done.

The "trip" to South America was achieved last night on the ham radio - i spoke to a guy in Argentina on the 17m band! "Yes, so what?" i can hear you saying. Well, i was only using 10 watts (yes, ten watts) of SSB into an antenna that, in theory, should not work. To say that i was chuffed is an understatement.

I've also spoken to a few stations in Spain and the Canary Islands, but the bands have been fairly dead for the last couple of days apart from LOTS of QRN (that is natural interference to those non-hams reading this). I usually have a lot of QRM (man made interference) here anyway, so it has just made matters worse. I'm not sure if there has been some odd sun activity which has caused this, but i have noticed a few other hams talking about the lack of signals too, so it's not just me.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Mike! I understood the first part of your post but you lost me at the radio thingy-me-jig!!

    I love that scene you're creating! I love being by the sea and it's conjuring up memories of our walk near to Beachy Head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scene which you created here, that is wonderful. I also working on same thing I selected birds and animal zoo, it will finish within a three or four days. Your work is so excellent and eye catching.
    safety shower eyewash

    ReplyDelete